Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's raining, it's pouring...

Today is a yucky day outside. It's cold (after 80+ degrees yesterday) and raining. I kinda want to just stay in bed all day and watch TV, but I am very excited to get to go to lunch with David. We used to get to go to lunch almost every single day when I was working with him, and it was always fun to get away from the gray, cubicle filled rooms of Dell and have a few minutes to ourselves. Not that we didn't spend every waking (and sleeping, for that matter) moment together, but it was still fun! We have been together 11 months today (my how time flies!) and it has been an incredible ride! We have had ups and downs and it has made our relationship stronger than I have ever experienced before. Wow, I'm a lucky girl!

We are still getting settled into the condo. There are still a few boxes of stuff around and a few things that need to find a home. There are so many cabinets and closets in this place, it's so wonderful! I have SO MUCH JUNK accumulated from over the years, and now there is a place for everything. My main goal for this week is to get things hung on the walls. It's amazing how much more like "home" it feels once you get some things decorated. These shelves below are one of my favorite parts of the living room here. I have made some changes to this display since I took this picture (and its a junky picture because I took it with my iPhone), but it is a cute place to show off all my fleur de lis (well, some of them at least!) and silver picture frames.



I'm still working on upstairs in the bedroom and bathroom, but it's coming along nicely! I wish that I wasn't unemployed because I keep finding all these things I just know we "need" for this place! David keeps reminding me that we won't always have this much space, so we can't go buying everything under the sun (besides the obvious "we have no extra money" thing).

I did go to Garden Ridge yesterday and they had all their Easter stuff 1/2 off (I am worried about the future of that store... it was very empty!), and I have NOTHING to decorate with for Easter, so I picked up this cute little "Welcome" sign and hung it on the hydrangea basket outside the front door. I think it's very welcoming!



It's fun to have a real home to decorate for the first time!

Time to get ready for lunch with my man. Hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I want a cute Easter sign like that. Too bad there is only Hobby Lobby in my part of the world. Garden Ridge always seems to have better selections! Love you and love that you're doing this so I can keep up w/ your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shelves and your cute Easter sign! I bought an egg wreath at TJMax a couple of weeks ago but thats all the easter decor I have now. It was great talking to you the oter night, really picked my spirits up! I'm very thankful for having a best friend like you. :)

    ReplyDelete