I realized this week, as I looked at my calendar, that 3 of my 4 very best friends ever have birthdays within a week of one another. (I don't know where you came from Katy J-T.! Wink, wink. Haha.)
Then I went on to realize, that 3 of the 4 serious boyfriends I have had in my life, have birthdays within a week of one another, too.
If it's true what they say about astrology and "signs" and all that (which I am not sure is all that true, honestly), I guess you can say that I am true to what I like, and that, maybe, people born under the same astrological signs really are similar in the way they act.
Oh, and I have also figured out that in both groups (friends and boyfriends), their birthday's straddle the "cusp" of one sign turning to another (i.e. near the 21st of the month, when the next sign begins). Weird.
I am a Gemini and I think my personality is pretty true to what I have always read about that sign. I wonder who I am "supposed" to be compatible with. Wouldn't it be funny if it turned out I was "meant" to be around all these people in my life, because our signs are compatible?
As far as friends go, I have never been one of those people that has 20 best friends. I have always just had 4 or 5 best friends and have never needed any more than that! I don't choose to fill my life with people who are flaky or fake. And, in my opinion, they are a waste of time. It's just not my style. Trust me, I can't even fake "fake." It's impossible for me. Anyone who has been around me long can tell you that you can always read my emotions right on my face. I cannot hide them no matter how hard I try!
I want to know that if I needed a friend, that they would be there for me - rain or shine, good times or bad. And I want to make sure that they know that I would be there for them if they ever needed me. It is a rare thing in this world to find someone that you are truly compatible with. I treasure all my friends and know I wouldn't be where I am today without their love and support!
Here's a small sampling of the 1000's of pictures I have of some of my very besties (in no particular order)!
My very best BFF Katy... She lives in NC now and I miss her terribly!
Oh my gosh! We are silly!
Me and Andrea on NYE (also the night she got engaged!)... Sweetest gal you'll ever meet!
Roomie Lauren downtown in Austin... One of the coolest chicks I have ever known, no kidding. Some man is gonna be VERY lucky to snag her!
Me and Christine at the Renaissance Fair near Houston... This girl knows how to be silly and make me LAUGH!
Me and Sara at a crawfish party last Spring... If David wasn't my soulmate, Sara would be. We are what some would call "kindred spirits." :)
Me and Jen (my manager at Dell, who, BTW, I always knew I would be buddies with!) downtown this Spring... She has the greatest laugh ever!
My highschool BFFs... Being VERY silly at Emy's house for Girls' Night Dinner... That's Emy on the right and I couldn't find a picture of just us together for some reason, but she's a great listener and advice-giver and is always level headed. But you better watch out when she's got a few drinks in her... she's a wild and crazy dancer! :)

Love this!!! Great blog and I miss you too! Thanks for being my bestest even though we are soooo far away from each other. Much love from NC.
ReplyDeleteGreat blog, Katy!! I was just asked about who some of my closest friends are and you are of course included in the list! I am really happy to still have my BB in my life!
ReplyDelete