Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Because Ellen is in re-runs...

I figured I'd give y'all an update about what we have been up to!

Last Monday was my 28th birthday and we celebrated all weekend long!

On Friday night, my best friend from high school, Emily, had her bday celebration. (Her bday is May 18th, but it was the first time they had time to have a party.) It was very fun, and even though I had been hard at work cleaning our house to have people over on Saturday, and I thought we would only stay for a few minutes, we stayed till almost 12:30am and we danced and drank the night away! It was so fun! Here is a collage of a few pictures that we took that night (before my dang camera decided to run out of batteries!). Click on the collage and it will make it bigger so you can see the pictures better!



Then on Saturday night, we had friends over to the condo to celebrate my birthday. It was really fun and ended up being much more low-key than I had imagined it would be, but it was great to celebrate with most of my oldest (not in age - ha!) friends. David made a pork shoulder to make tacos and I went to Central Market and got a bunch of different salsas and dips. Oh, and my parents brought a huge bowl of guacamole - delicious! Here are the pics from that night:



We went over to my parents' house on Sunday night for my annual bday dinner of flank steak. Can you say YUM-O?! (Hope that wasn't too Rachael Ray for you! HA!) My mom made me a big strawberry shortcake instead of a cake because I'm not a huge fan of cake. It was all so yummy. I didn't take any pictures of that night, but it was a nice evening and I loved hanging out in the backyard with my family while my dad grilled the steak. We left stuffed to the gills with food!

David gave me the sweetest little gold cross on a really fine chain and I LOVE IT. (You can see it in the pictures from Emy's bday party above.) I told him that I wanted a gold necklace with a little charm on it one night when we were watching 30 Rock and Liz Lemon (Tina Fey, in real life) had one on. I was very impressed he remembered that! He actually gave it to me over a week early, because I saw it in his trunk (I wasn't even trying to sneak a peek, I swear!), so it was fun to get to wear it before my actual birthday!

So, that was my fun birthday weekend! I was so glad to get to celebrate with all my besties and family and even though it gets less and less exciting each year (I'll be 30 in two years - YIKES!), it's a blessing to get to have everyone around just for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment