Should have posted this a long time ago! I started with a recipe that I found on a blog I read, but I ended up never having all of the ingredients, so I improvised and created this super yummy dish (with things I always have on hand!). This is great right out of the pan when it's warm, or you can serve it cold. I like it best either warm or room temp. I've been known to throw my bowl in the microwave when I'm eating leftovers. You can completely eyeball these measurements... they are anything but exact. This makes about 8-10 servings. Just cut the ingredients in half for a smaller batch.
Lemony Orzo Pasta Salad
1 box orzo pasta
1 box cherry (Cherub) tomatoes
1 bunch (5-6 stems) green onions
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese OR feta cheese
1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped into small pieces, OPTIONAL
1/2 c. chopped flat leaf parsley, OPTIONAL
Dressing:
4-5 T. extra virgin olive oil
3 T. lemon juice (more if you like it lemony, like me!)
1.5 t. kosher salt
1 t. ground pepper
pinch garlic powder OR 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Boil orzo according to directions on the box.
While the orzo cooks, wash and chop the onions and tomatoes. I usually quarter the tomatoes. And I use white and green parts of the onion. Peel and chop the cucumber and parsley, if you are using it.
In a small bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine. Add more salt or lemon juice, depending on your preference.
In a large bowl, combine the chopped ingredients and a small amount (a couple of tablespoons) of the dressing. Toss to coat and let it marinate while you wait for the pasta to finish. Drain pasta and pour over the top of the vegetables. Pour the remaining dressing over the pasta and toss the whole thing to combine. Add cheese and toss.
Serve immediately or chill and serve cold.
Easy breezy! We served this at a baby shower I hosted and got so many compliments on it. It's one of my favorite lunches these days since it's so easy to make and it keeps for several days really well in the fridge.
Enjoy!
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment